More and more teachers and therapists are seeing children with attention deficits, hyperactivity, sensory integration deficits and/or autistic-like behaviors. Joe works with you to understand what is happening with your child’s misbehaviors. He then focuses on ways to help you minimize those behaviors. Joe uses a variety of treatment modalities to help you manage your child’s behavior. One of the most successful of these is…
Parent Child Interaction Therapy
PCIT is a positive and intensive treatment program designed to help both parents and children. The therapy works to improve the quality of the parent & child relationship and to teach parents the skills necessary to manage their child’s behavior problems. PCIT is recognized as successful and effective evidence-based therapy.
Until now, this treatment modality has only been available to Butte County families who qualify for Medi-Cal or for those whose children have experienced some kind of neglect, abuse, or trauma. We are expanding PCIT into private practice so middle income families have the opportunity to receive this powerful and effective treatment. This provides access to PCIT therapy for children who have ADD/ADHD, Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, and Sensory Processing deficits as well as children who just need positive and consistent parenting.
Parent Child Interaction Therapy is appropriate for children who:
- are 2-7 years old
- are exhibiting chronic behavior problems at home, school, preschool or day care
- have been exposed to domestic violence, parental substance abuse, physical or sexual abuse or neglect
- are currently living with one or both of their parents, grandparents or a long term caregiver (foster parent or guardian)
- have been diagnosed with autism or have autistic like behaviors
- have sensory integration deficits
- may be on medication or in other types of therapy to manage their behavior problems